Friday, June 3, 2011

New email is SkewedReview@live.com!

Much of my Christmas break was spent glued to the television watching the biggest train-wreck in reality show history: Congress.




Considering the direction our executive, legislative and judicial branches of government are taking us, I decided to crack open the two documents our founding fathers wrote way back in the day and see how constitutional this whole circus act is.



I'd bet a dollar and free health care that almost everyone is aware of the reform bill that is priority No. 1 to all elected officials and non-elected czars. However, if you happened to spend your Christmas vacation meditating with the monks in the high Himalayas, please permit me to get you up to speed.



On Christmas Eve the Senate passed the health care reform bill in a George Washington-esque style. They attacked while everyone was celebrating the holiday, just as our first president crossed the Delaware and attacked the British. However, in my humble opinion, this under-the-radar strike won't produce such glorious consequences as General Washington's attack on his enemies.



The Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution are merely a few pages long. I think the founding fathers got it right, and they'd be sorely disappointed with this upcoming piece of sh-I mean legislation that is 2,000 pages and counting.



Oh, the reviews I could give to the members of congress would be endless. Ten out of 10 days in Pakistan, 11 out of 12 months working a real job that an average American works, one out of one plastic surgeries to look like Nancy Pelosi. The list goes on.



However, my review won't go to the sin-ators or the con-men, and not even to his lordship Obama who has set this fatal Barack-racy into play. No, believe it or not, I'll be reviewing our founding fathers.



Yes, the structure of our government was a good idea in theory. A series of checks and balances seems to make a whole lot of sense, as does having three branches of government so that no one person or group of persons has all the power. By dividing the power we make sure that each arm keeps the other arm in check.



The great Benjamin Franklin once said, "'Tis easy to see, hard to foresee."



Yes Mr. Franklin, truer words were never spoken. But when it comes to foreseeing the future of America, I think Mr. $100 bill along with all the other faces on our currency should have considered that one day all branches of government may be ruled by one ideology.



My fellow students, that day has come. The checks and balances put in place by Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Franklin, Hancock and the rest of the crew only works when there are opposing opinions. When everyone who has power is in complete agreement with each other, well, you get 2010-style government.



The brave men who founded this country should have put an amendment in that forbids all senators, congressmen and the president to be of the same mind. Our state of freedom relies on a two-party government. Who is there to stop idiotic ideas?



I'd have to say the old adage of "if your friends jumped off a cliff…" is so applicable to our government right now.



To our founding fathers, whom I greatly admire, I have to give you a bit of a negative review: eight out of 10 years having to be the guardian angels for Kanye West.



No worries, I'm sure in Heaven's time that's only a few seconds.



I'm no fan of this legislation that's being pushed through, so no doubt you'll hear my complaints. But if you are all for the health care plan, make it known. Don't be afraid to stand up and tell others what you believe, but please have some logic to back it up.



The bit that agitates me like a bag of explosives sewn into my undies is I fear our country will go bankrupt because of this legislation.



On top of that, after reading the Constitution, I found absolutely nothing that permits Congress to make any American purchase goods or services. I'm still doing some research, but thus far I can't find any precedent in U.S. legal history to support this bill that requires everyone to buy health insurance. If you happen to come upon something that supports such an act, please email it to me at door.matt@live.com.



If you haven't read the Constitution and the great Declaration of Independence, I suggest you take some time to do so. It will only take an hour or so because our founding fathers weren't in the habit of writing novels like our current legislators do. And if you have read these founding documents, please take a little time and read them again. Knowledge is power.

No comments:

Post a Comment