Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Why do I love them so, so much?!

What is it about triviality that attracts people like me? Why can't I be concerned about things that actually matter?


Well, instead of being concerned with the Ground Zero mosque or the war in Afghanistan, I'm more concerned (and down in the dumps, frankly) about Li-Lo.


Yes, I know we've all heard the troubling news: Lindsay Lohan failed a drug test. So what now? Come on Lindsay! I can't wait forever for you to clean up your act so I can watch you train wreck all over the movie screen! Get your act together please, or you're going to end up dead before you do anything truly fabulous.

At least Marilyn Monroe made lots of hit movies before she was assasinated by Kennedy bitten by the overdose bug. What do you have, Lindsay? "The Parent Trap?"


At least one concern of mine this week doesn't revolve around Hollywood starlets or train wrecking socialites. I'm speaking about repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Oh wait, the only reason I even care is because of Lady Gaga.


Snap.


Gaga was at a rally in Maine speaking to a group of activists out to repeal "Don't Ask Don't Tell." I was less interested in the substance of her speech and more interested in what she was wearing. (Nice glasses, by the way!) I was also eager to see how she would justify her meat dress.


That's right. Rather than just come out and say something like, "The meat dress was fake (but not really), so leave me alone," she's been trying to connect the dots of her cold cut hat/dress/shoe combo. In fact, she even called her speech "Equality is the Prime Rib of America."


It's a stretch, Gaga. I think you can have the same effect in your activism without having to explain why you wore meat to the VMAs!

See? Even when my interest is sparked in a national headline, it's usually because of the involvement of some crash-and-burn pop star, or in Gaga's case, my beautiful queen who happened to wear a dress that made PETA mad.

1 comment: