Thursday, September 2, 2010

James Jay Lee wanted new programming, dammit!

Well, I guess it's painfully obvious: If you want to get your voice heard in this country, you've got to take hostages.

The man who hated Discovery was shot down again, so to speak. Unfortunately he figured out that no one really cares about peaceful protests anymore. So the solution? Walk into the Discovery Channel building with a bomb strapped to your body, and proceed to threaten the lives of random employees.

Did it get him what he wanted? Absolutely not. Did it get his face and cause plastered all over live T.V. for almost 4 hours straight? Of course it did.

My friends, I fear the age of civil disobedience is over.

1 comment:

  1. I like this one. Simple. Witty. It is cohesive and it feels organic. Both are traits that often elude me in my work. There is something to be said for writing that doesn’t come off the page constipated and fabricated. It’s an honest manifestation of the author. It doesn’t feel like anyone is trying to impress or dress up the language. I'd like to see more of it. Reminds of Bukowski…

    “What do you do? How do you write, create?" You don't, I told them. You don't try. That's very important: not to try, either for Cadillacs, creation or immortality. You wait, and if nothing happens, you wait some more. It's like a bug high on the wall. You wait for it to come to you. When it gets close enough you reach out, slap out and kill it. Or if you like its looks you make a pet out of it – Bukowski

    ReplyDelete